Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The interesting belief statements I find



Every now and again, I run across some Xian boards while I'm surfing. Generally, it's in response to something a fundie said. I was doing my daily surfing tonight, and ran across the "Rapture Ready" bulletin board. One of the posts is their doctrinal statement, and I found this just too good to pass up:

Article X. ”ETERNAL SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER

Because of the eternal purpose of God toward the objects of His love, because of His freedom to exercise grace toward the meritless on the ground of the propitiatory blood of Jesus Christ, because of the very nature of the divine gift of eternal life, because of the present and unending intercession and advocacy of Jesus Christ in heaven, because of the immutability of the unchangeable covenants of God, because of the regenerating, abiding presence of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of all who are saved, we and all true believers everywhere, once saved shall be kept saved forever. God is a holy and righteous Father and that, since He cannot overlook the sin of His children, He will, when they persistently sin, chasten them and correct them in infinite love; but having undertaken to save them and keep them forever, apart from all human merit, He, who cannot fail, will in the end present every one of them faultless before the presence of His glory and conformed to the image of His Son.
(Emphasis mine)

Basically, it's saying that once you're saved, you're always saved, and nothing that you can do will change that. Since I was at one point a Xian, I can do anything I want. I can blaspheme against the holy spirit all day long, then go out and rape little children, kill my neighbors, and finish it all up with a nuclear bomb and still go to heaven.

This kind of doctrine is exactly what I see as wrong with the Xian faith. Most people that I see following this faith in any kind of true sincerity are the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen. They consistently tell you that the religion is a religion of peace and justice, and yet they are some of the most vile, evil people. Check out Orcinus' list of baptist predators.

The news is full of televangelists and evangelicals who constantly rally against homosexuals, then later turn out to be not only homosexuals, but homosexual pedophiles, or homosexual druggies. I give you Foley and Haggard. What right do these people have to tell me how to run my life when I've dedicated my life to saving others lives and all they do is spout their hypocritical bullshit and get rich of the teats of gullible believers. Even getting caught in their hypocrisy doesn't matter. People just shrug and say "Eh, they're human!" This is just after the hellfire and brimstone service where they advocate, nay, celebrate the eternal torture of homosexuals.

But it's okay. They're saved, and they're still going to heaven...right? Right! Yeah...right.

No comments: