Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Krismas


Image via Christmas-pictures.org

Merry Krismas (oh, and happy holidays) to all you seculars out there!

It's this time of year, especially lately, that I find myself looking at December 25th as just another day in the 365 days (or 366...) of our year. I still find it enjoyable to spend time with family, but for various reasons, my family really doesn't get together for Krismas anymore. It's usually just my me, my wife and her mother (who I don't really consider close family; she's just convenient). There is no real gift exchange between my wife and myself, no real magic to the day. In fact, today has turned out to be the sunniest day we've had in a week here in the Rogue Valley.

The only thing different about today is that everything is closed. I always thought the toy stores could make a killing if they'd stay open on Krismas, with all those kids with freshly-given gift cards and money in hand. Ahh, well.

When I have children, I'm sure I'll feel differently, as the magic of Krismas seems to apply to kids and those who have them more than anyone else. Until then, Happy 359th day of the year!

No comments: